Monday, December 05, 2005


Upon being alerted by our Mr. Creighton about the new subway restrictions going into effect today, i.e. no leg spreading, I should like to recount a particularly disturbing incident on the uptown 6 train a couple of years ago.

It wasn't crowded. I was seated. The man across from me was wearing rather abbreviated jogging shorts, but as it was warm and he looked the running type, I thought nothing of it. Nothing, until I noticed that one of his testicles was clearly visible. I went back to my paper, wondering if he'd notice. Looked up again and there was the testicle, clear as day. At this point I made eye contact with him. I realize this was foolish, but I thought that maybe ful eye contact from a stranger on the train would instill a kind of "check yourself before you wreck yourself" mentality and this, combined with the air conditioning stroking his exposed scrotal skin might make him tuck his ball in his shorts, cross his legs, and red-facedly get off at the next stop. I smiled at him helpfully. He smiled back. I went back to my paper.

I peeked again. Ball still there.

Again. 77th street! Balls! 77th Street is where you get off for the Whitney or the Vera Wang bridal salon (now a part of my world.) There should be no testicles on 77th street, unless they are dipped in gold.

I looked up again and his ENTIRE PENIS WAS OUT OF HIS JOGGING SHORTS AND LYING STILL ON THE BENCH, LIKE A SLEEPING LARVAE!!!!! He smiled at me, more broadly.

This was when I realized that this man was an exhibitionist, and I was his prey. Oddly, I felt no anger, only bemusement and slight embarrassment. I got off at 86th street, went to my aunt's house, and took a shower.

I'm not sure what is the most disturbing part of the incident, the fact that I experienced what some people would call a form of sexual assault (however, in its most passive, non-invasive, almost friendly incarnation) or that fact that even today, I can recall this man's genitals more clearly than the faces of some relatives.

Thoughts?

3 Comments:

Blogger MCC said...

I really hope all of your postings have my name in them.

"Like a Sleeping Larvae!"
Amazing.

You will be missed for 5 weeks.

MCC

1:44 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

I once had a man rub his erect penis on me in a crowded subway. What I remember most is that he was wearing sweatpants. Isn't it weird how rappers like Eminem can wear sweatpants on stage and its acceptable attire? By the way, it was not Eminem who molested me.

6:44 PM  
Blogger superlong said...

Cool site on how to make your penis bigger Check out my Penis Enlargement

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home