Wednesday, October 26, 2005

After filing a complaint against Verizon DSL with the New York State Attorney General's office, I FINALLY HAVE MY INTERNET BACK ON!!!! Oh, the magic of civics!

I have a new story up at Nerve.com, should any of you wish to read it. It is called "Europe, Ho!". Feel free to leave lots of nice compliments.

Also, Shafer Hall and I are embarking on a new poetry collaboration--poems about people listed that day in the obituaries! A wonderful way to combine High Art and one of my more morbid habits. (that is, reading the obituaries. I know you aren't supposed to do that until you are in your fifties, but I've always been precocious.)

On a happy note--Ben has asked me to marry him, and I have accepted. So now we are engaged people. It's a new world, a world full of place cards, guest lists, and mind-boggling expense.

But it is a very happy time indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger KerryAnn said...

and ecstatic mothers-in-law-to-be!

Do you have a date and a time for those place cards and guest lists yet?

Oh, we would love pictures of y'all, Asher and I were trying really hard to find some on the Net yesterday but came up with slim pickin's . . .

Rachel, thank you for this great, warm, joyful experience!

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home